JFK 50 Miler

Jan 1st, 2010 - Lowell 1st Run "10K" - Lowell, MA - 6.35


(That's Eric M. to my left. He kicked my asphalt at this race, but I repaid the favor 59 days later)

The new year starts off with a bang! Ran the Lowell 1st Run 10k in 40:22. 6:31 pace. 21st out of 404.

I was hoping to break 40, but it was not meant to be. Knees felt OK during the run. Still in the process of rebuilding my stamina after shutting it down for the past month to recover from the 2009 season.

The reason for the quotations around the 10K in the title is due to the fact that most of the runners that I spoke to, and had Garmin watches, showed the same distance: 6.35 miles!! I guess I could say that I unofficially broke 40 minutes.

ITB is sore tonight.

Race Time: 11AM

Weather: Chilly 30 degrees, overcast.

Entry Fee: $20

New Year's Resolution: Complete at least 3 miles a day (in any manner) for the next 364 days. 1 down 364 to go. I promise I'll stop running when I stop having funning.

Next up is the Fudgicles Series in Tewksbury (3.17 miles).

Answer to the question that I will be asking on Day 255: MORE HARD WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment