JFK 50 Miler

Feb 25th, 2010 - Track - Lexington, MA - 6

Day 56 - There was no way I could have done another day on the mill, and tonight would have been a mill run if it wasn't for TRACK to the rescue!! Now I know what it feels like to live in Mobile, AL (not Seattle).

Tonight's workout consisted of 2 x 800's, a 1600, and another set of 800's to finish off a relatively fast workout. Goal pace was 3:05 for the 800's, and 6:20 for the mile. I forgot my Garmin at home, so I had to rely on my wrist watch, Jim S., and Keith O. Mark B. was also with us tonight.

Jim led the pack for the first two 800's, but his back got the better of him after 400 on the mile, so Keith took over pace duties for the remainder of the workout. Very nice job, Keith! Sidenote, I didn't realize it three weeks ago, but it was Keith who was giving me a run for my money at the Fudge 5K!

Keith and I managed to run the final 800 in 3 flat and we felt great! I suck at math, and without my Garmin, I felt like I was running blind. All I know is that by the end of the 3 mile workout, I averaged a 6:09 per mile. Ha, and they elected me Treasurer! Won't they be surprised when GLRR starts showing a surplus!

You may have noticed that I've made no mention of lapping Fil at this workout, and for good reason. He wasn't there! He was away reffing some futbol, but personally, I think he was just scared...

Glenn "Beer Man" S. was also MIA tonight, but he was at BOS (or MHT) getting ready or was already flying out or landing in MSY in NOLA for his long run on Sunday. Don't forget the beads, Glenn! (.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment