JFK 50 Miler

Feb 4th, 2010 - Training - Lowell - 4

Day 35 - When did you start running and why?

For me it was in high school for the Lowell Catholic Crusader's cross-country team. I only ran because there were hot chicks on the team. In my opinion, this is the best reason to run.

After my brief high school running/stalking career ended in 1998, I didn't run again until 2001. My first official road race? The New Bedford Half Marathon:

1251 NGHIA BUI M 20 2:25:21 11:06 35/35 M1924 1197 TYNGSBORO MA

Yep. I finished dead last in my age group, but guess what? I caught the running bug....and then it laid dormant for about 5 years.

I popped up again on the running scene in 2006 at none other than at the Good Times series:

32 JASON BUI M 26 TYNGSBORO MA 7/14 21:50.5 PR 7:02

A little bit better this time around, but I once again disappeared from the running scene for about 3 more years.

2009 was a breakthrough year for me, and I think I am here to stay...for now.

In other running news: Fil completed his own personal NYC Marathon today, but it involved driving down to Long Island and back in the same day, and putting in a 4 mile run with me at 8PM. Great run, Fil! Tomorrow should be another milestone day for Fil.

No comments:

Post a Comment