JFK 50 Miler

Nov 10th, 2010 - Track - Lexington, MA - 6

Day 314 - With only (insert JFK count down time remaining here), it's time to start thinking goals, plan, and strategy for the final big race of the season.

Goals:

- Don't Die
- Get to the finish
- Pretend I helped Katy get herself into the Top 3 for females
- Have fun!!
- Die trying

Plan:

- Where we're going, we don't need plans! Or roads for that matter.

Strategy:

- Since I have no delusion of winning or placing in this race myself, I have resigned myself to be Katy's three legged mule in this ass kicking contest. I will do whatever it takes, including cheating (well, not cheating in the sense of cheating) to see that Katy gets a slice of pizza at the end of the race.

Based on my very non-scientific calculations, the 3rd place female finisher since 1994 has averaged a 9:16 average pace over the 50 miles. This basically means absolutely nothing if three females decide to show up and all run a 8:30 pace, but it's nice to know that my accounting degree is once again proving useless to me.

(wishful thinking)

Let's just say that my study has some merit (even just a little), I originally thought that we would have had to keep an 8:30 pace to be anywhere near the top, but this shows that we can afford to slack off a little, which is my preferred method of running.

We'll see if my hypothesis holds up come Nov 20th, but if it doesn't, then I'll just resort to cheating. Just like in accounting class.

(It's only illegal if you get caught)

No comments:

Post a Comment