JFK 50 Miler

Feb 20th, 2010 - Race - Tewksbury, MA - 6.5

Day 51 - It was a beautiful day for a duel in the sun. The temps weren't quite like 1982, but we had the sun and I had a dueling partner. I played the part of Beardsley, while Heather S. played the role of Salazar to perfection.

Heather and I cruised through the first mile in about 6:15, taking turns keeping up the pace. We crossed mile 2 in 12:29, with me in the lead. After we both passed one other runner, Heather made her final surge around the 2.5 mile mark. We completed mile 3 in 18:49 and Ms. Salazer controlled the lead heading into the final ".10" stretch. Heather completed the very smooth run in about 19:31, with me just seconds behind her.

Very nice run, Heather!

Unbeknownst to me during my own run, other duels were going on: Frank G. vs. Dave Q.; Fil vs. The Other Searles (Emily); Spy vs. Spy

Speaking of duels...

Fil and I had a heart-to-heart after the run and there's a possibility that the 3 mile pact may come to an end shortly. I am starting to feel the doldrums of running 3 miles every day, and Fil wants to rest his foot before Boston.

OK, Fil. I'll stop when you stop...first one to blink loses ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment