JFK 50 Miler

March 12th, 2010 - Training - Chelmsford, MA - 5

Day 71 - Like most runners, I do some of my best thinking when I'm on the road, pounding out the miles. I don't know if this qualifies as a good idea, but Fil and I came up with my next blog topic for next year.

Here's a sneak preview: 120 LBS, INK

Completed a 5 mile lunch time run with father Fil. We ran the Parking Lot series near his company. It consisted of running around and around and around the industrial park's parking lots. Think of boring and double it.

Actually, it's a pretty good course if you like parking (a)lots.

Fil, and weatherman Glenn, convinced me to come out for the Boston long run tomorrow morning. I don't know how long it'll be, but I won't make the same mistake as last week. Need to save something for the final Wild Rover on Sunday in my hometown. I also managed to convince Rachel to come out to volunteer again. I pray that it doesn't rain or I'll never hear the end of it. This is on you, Glenn! Now you know how it feels to be a true weatherman in New England:) She changed her mind after taking care of a sick dog all night. You're off the hook, Glenn.

Also, got word from Glenn that the Good Times spring series will most likely start up one week after the Boston Marathon, which will be Tuesday, April 27th! A relatively late start for this series. The Good Times forum on Runningahead was none too please when I started spreading that rumor.

In honor of my running dad and whipping post, here's Fil Maria's card:


No comments:

Post a Comment