JFK 50 Miler

March 29th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.1

Day 88 - As most hitched runners know, sometimes you have to do what's best for you, and sometimes you have to do what's best for your family. It was time to cool it with the running this, running that with Rachel.

Tonight was the monthly GLRR club meeting at Hookslides, but with a long day at work, the last thing I wanted to do was tell Rachel that I was heading to the meeting right when I got home. I knew that that would not go over well with her, especially after a weekend of being away for running related activities.

Live to run another day, I say.

I was even tempted to just end the running streak tonight and move on with normal training for the rest of the year, but that was mainly due to a lack of motivation. Weather and work makes Jason a grumpy boy.

I felt better after having a light dinner while popping the blisters (five in total) from Saturday's long run. That disgusting act (pictures to be posted shortly) inspired me enough to get the sneakers and hop back onto the saddle.

Started the 3.1 miler on the treadmill, while Fil gave me an update on tonight's meeting. He was still talking when I was done with my run 23 minutes later.  

Belated congrats to those GLRR's who ran Irish Feet Are Running and Eastern States this past weekend. Thanks to some great pictures, I'll have some new GLRR baseball cards shortly!

Speaking of legendary collectibles, here's a John Byrne sighting (very rare):

(Get a haircut, hippie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment