JFK 50 Miler

March 3rd, 2010 - Training - Lowell/Dracut/Tyngsboro - 12

Day 62 - On our long run tonight, I learned one thing: Fil talks as much during the day as he does at night! Now I know what it feels like to run with my wife. I'm just kidding, Rachel, you're not that bad.

My running dad came to the rescue after my post yesterday about not being able to run more than 5 miles by myself. Thanks for running with me tonight Fil, but I STILL can't run more than 5 miles ALONE.

Putting in a long run, on a day that will now and forever be known as the Tiger Woods day of the week, was the last thing on my mind when I woke up this morning.

We discussed several options for a long run during "work" hours, but as things never work out as we plan, we finally settled on a route that took us from downtown Lowell, to almost the NH border, and back.

The good thing about running at night is that cars can't see you to honk and scream at you. The bad thing about running at night is that cars can't see you!

Fil and I still managed to get one "eff" you, but it was an old lady in a hurry.

All-in-all, it was a good run, with the exception of the TOYOTA Prius that strangely accelerated, couldn't stop, and almost hit us. The only thing missing was an exploding GM truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment