JFK 50 Miler

March 4th, 2010 - Training - Lexington, MA - 6

Day 63 - Another Thursday, another track workout with GLRR in Lexington.

Tonight's workout consisted of two sets of 400's, 400's, 800's and one set of 400, 400, and 650. Everyone else had to be different tonight and substituted the last set with a 400, 400, 800. I stuck with the 650 finish....

OK! I eff'ed up! I mis-remembered how many laps I had left on the last 800 and ended up running only 650! Yes, to add insult to insult, Fil passed me when I stopped and he finished well ahead of me. I'll get him back on Saturday and Sunday.

An interesting thing happened tonight (other than my mishap) when the workout got underway. We ran the workout in three separate groups:

- Mark and I ran as the accounting group (kicking ass of course)

- Fil and Jim ran as the running wounded

- Glenn, Colin, and Tom ran as the pickled prostates

Overall, I had another great workout, averaging about a 5:40 pace over the entire 3 miles of the workout.

Looking forward to the Saturday long run on the Boston course, and feeling good about the Sunday 4 miler race in Lawrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment