JFK 50 Miler

May 6th, 2010 - Track - Chelmsford, MA - 4

Day 126 - Back on track with a ladder workout tonight with the GLRR gang: 400, 800, 1200, 1600, 1200, 800, 400.

Ran all of the intervals at or a little under 10K pace (6's), with the final 400 completed in 75 secs (5 minute pace).

Had a little more company tonight with Frank G. and "Suzie" running the intervals with me. We stuck together for pretty much the entire workout. Great job, guys!

The wind was awful (final straightaway) and awesome (back straightaway). Probably a little more awful/awesome than last week's wind.

Also learned today that the JFK 50 Miler in November is introducing a lottery system for non-military and non "citizen athletes"! Citizen athelete for my age-group is classified as a sub 3-hr marathoner, and that has to be completed by the July 1st entry deadline. 3 minutes was all I needed to shave off at Boston to qualify! Grrrrrr!

Looks like I'll be heading to Sugarloaf with Glenn in two weeks to try for a sub 3-hr marathon. Not exactly what I want to do this early in the running season, but I don't want to be sitting on the sidelines, providing support, come November.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the most important detail, did y'all go out for pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Glenn, Jim, Frank, and a few others went to Willows per usual. I had to appease the running goddess, and take her out to dinner.

    ReplyDelete