JFK 50 Miler

May 7th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.1

Day 127 - Long day at work and a fun night with the neighbors to catch Iron Man 2 (buckle your pants!), left little time for a run.

Didn't get home until close to 10PM, and then had to take the boys out.

Rachel had a craving for Burger King, so with the irony of it all, I dashed out the door and went for my run. It was only a mile to the Burger King, so I had to do a couple of loops in the parking lot behind Walgreens to get in about 1.55 before placing my order and heading back home.

Unfortunately, only the drive-thru was open at Burger King, and tried as I did, the burger-nazis wouldn't let me place an order without a car!

I ran home empty handed, but did manage to get my run in with an hour to spare in the day. Good thing for 24 hrs.

Speaking of which, I'll need all of it this weekend too.

Heading up to Big Lake Half in Alton Bay, NH in about 4 hours (timing it), and then down to Hopkinton in the evening to set up the race for that gig. Then heading back to Hopkinton on Sunday to time it. Weather is supposed to suck this weekend. Might as well, right?

2 comments: