JFK 50 Miler

Halfway Mark of the 365 Day Race - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.75

Day 182 @ 12PM - Not much fan fare as we crossed the halfway mark for the year and the 365 Day Race.

Jim Rhoades still kicking ass, with Glenn and EJ right behind him...

I have never been in better shape than I am now, and I attribute most of it to the consistency of my runs and the company that I've been a part of so far on this journey. I've met some of the greatest people through my running and cannot wait to see who I'll meet over the next 182.5 days.

What started out as a little challenge between Fil and I to run 365 days in-a-row, have turned into an even smaller challenge between Fil and I: First one to whine more than the other, loses. So far, I'm winning. Fil, it's been a blast!

Life has recently gotten in the way and have made things a lot more difficult for me to continue blogging and running on a daily basis.

I said that I would stop running when things were no longer fun. It's starting to reach that point. Hopefully things will get better.

We'll see what the next 182.5 days will hold.

Running events in store for the remainder of the year:

- Reach The Beach Relay: Looking to be the first Masssoles team to cross the finish line in about 25 hrs.
- JFK 50: First ultra with the Masssoles gang, and Reno will be there. Hoping to finish in under 8 hrs.
- Bay State Marathon: First time on this course. Looking to finish in about 2 hrs 50 mins.
- And whatever the hells happens when you sign up for every race and try to run every day.

Happy Halfway!

No comments:

Post a Comment