JFK 50 Miler

July 6th, 2010 - Race - Lowell, MA - 3.1

Day 187 - Ahhh, nothing like running 3 races in 3 days to keep up my level of fitness, and risk of injury in the dangerously high category.

Tonight was hot times at Good Times: 101 friggin degrees at race time!!!

I don't care, tonight was going to be a PR for no matter what. Anyone who runs in 100+ plus temps deserves a PR and a psych eval.

To add to the fun, tonight was also Reverse the Course, which means a tough hill at around mile 1.5 as we ran UP the VFW.

EJ and I ran together again for most of the race, but I was able to bury him around mile 2.5 (he says I cheated by cutting the corner. I don't remember seeing that corner). He's going to be my nemesis for the rest of the season.

Finished strong and with a time of 18:18.

Results

Cody is pulling further and further away from me in the overall point standing. I'll need to Tonya Harding him before the series is over if I want to take the overall title.

Tonight was also Festus' last night in Lowell, and he was nice enough to help out at the water station, and also come back to my apt half drunk at 1AM. He probably still doesn't know how or who drove him to the airport the next morning.

Bon Voyage, Mi Amigo! See you in the fall!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't your nemesis supposed to be able to keep up with you? Once you're healed up I won't have a prayer, but until then I'll try to push you.

    ReplyDelete