JFK 50 Miler

July 7th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.1

Day 188 - Dropped off Festus at the airport this morning. I ended up going into work early and came home late. Nothing like a 12-hr day in your coffin to make you feel like not doing anything. I almost gave up on the running streak toniight as it's just getting too busy.

I decided against it around 10PM when I couldn't sleep.

Starting to focus on slow runs to try to wake up the slow twitch muscles in preparation for the JFK 50 Miler.

85 degrees during my almost midnight run.
Weather has been unbelievable this summer and it's expected to continue throughout next week. Poor Glenn, though, can't grow his grass seeds.

Legs feeling a little tired after 3 straight days of racing. Glad to see that my race calendar is pretty much clear for the next month or so, and I don't plan on signing up for any more races, other than the Yankee Home Coming at the end of July. Besides, I won't have to sign up for this race. I'm getting in for free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment