JFK 50 Miler

Election Day - Training - Tewksbury, MA - 3.1

Day 306 - Day 2 of running just on the treadmill.

Running on the treadmill is the equivalent of being stranded in the Pacific Doldrums with no wind to your back. You're not going very far, very fast. You begin to get dizzy and feel sick. Madness begins to take over, and then you change the channel on the TV in the gym.

So far, I can't get past the 5K barrier. I feel worn out even though I'm running anywhere between a 7:30-8 minute mile. This would be a piece of cake outside, but on the treadmill, it just sucks the life force out of me.

It currently takes me about 23-25 minutes to run a 5K on the treadmill. I figure that my currently planned 20 miles on the treadmill for Friday should take me about three fucking hours?!

Oh, hell no.

I'm going for a run outside.

(Munch's self-portrait after running on the treadmill)

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! It's exactly how I feel on a treadmill. (Well, I also feel that I am much too tall and have much too long a stride for any treadmill, so it will spit me out the back if I am not VERY careful... :-)

    Great image at the end.

    I've always wondered what made Munch "Scream". Thanks for giving me the back-story!

    ReplyDelete