JFK 50 Miler

Nov 12th, 2010 - Training - Tewksbury, MA - 3.1

Day 316 - I stumbled back into my apt after another late night, buzz killing training run. Before the run, I had just gotten back from the Bay State Marathon appreciation party in Lowell. Fun was had by all!

I went straight to the cold showers to freshen up.

While in the bathroom, I stood on the toilet to hang a clock. I slipped, fell, and bumped my head on the edge of the sink. This is what I saw:

(Great Scot-ty Graham!)

It was at that precise moment in time when I realized that this weekend was the 1st anniversary of my first 50 mile run!

One year ago this weekend was when I completed the 50 miler from Lowell to Auburn. Although it wasn't an official race, the pain, suffering, and learning experience was definitely official.

After that run was when the idea for the 365 Day Race, and this blog, was born. I wanted use the blog as a way to capture what I had accomplished in order to remind myself, at some future point in time, of how stupid I was.

As you can see, none of that has worked.  

So here's the original letter, from myself, to myself to remind myself how stupid running 50 miles can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment