JFK 50 Miler

Nov 19th, 2010 - Training - Hagerstown, MD - 3.1

Day 322 - We had all but given up hope of ever seeing Dane at his 4th JFK as we began our drive down to Hagerstown earlier this morning. Work beckoned and Dane took the call. Maybe next year.

All of the other Masssoles were here or were on their way, including Ranger Dave, Gary Jay, Brian, Katy, Karen and honorary members, Reno and Fil. Strangely missing was my entire family! I still love you guys!

The drive down was uneventful and we made good time through CT, NY, PA, and MD. Reno, Fil, and myself arrived at the JFK "expo" at 2:30PM, and were in line by 3PM for packet pick up. Reno went through the speedpass lane, while the rest of us had to count our quarters.

We left the expo and checked into our hotel 20 minutes away from the starting line. We were pretty much right on schedule as we waited for the other Soles to arrive and do what we had just done. In the meantime, Reno, Fil, and I went out for our daily affirmation.

Up until this point Ranger Dave had not done anything memorable, noteworthy, or Ranger Crazy, that was until RD pulled into the local Dick's Sporting Goods store and picked up a new pair of running sneakers. Not just any new pair of sneakers, but a new pair of sneakers for the JFK 50...the next day. Now that's just Ranger Ass Crazy.

We all went to dinner and we all had a great time. Over dinner we discovered that Dave once ran a 4:37 mile (in old sneakers I might add), Reno is an OK runner, Fil is an avid cup collector, Katy is dying for a 72 oz steak, Karen still gets carded (deservedly so), and Brian was NOT going to run up The Hill, while Jay was going to run up The Hill, but according to Brian, NOT going to run up The Hill.

We also discovered that Dane missed his 7:30PM flight from Logan to Baltimore, but was going to be on the 8:30 flight! Apparently, Dane scooted out of work earlier this afternoon, booked a last minute flight, and was on his way to Maryland for his 4th JFK 50!

As we all go to bed Super Dane is flying somewhere over the skies of Maryland getting ready to land.

The team is now complete.

And I thought this weekend was going to be crazy. I was wrong. It's going to be Ranger Ass Crazy!

(It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Super Dane!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys,

    50 miles is a long way for me, but I guess not for you guys. I've never done the distance.

    Good luck tomorrow. I stumbled across your blog tonight. I like the audio stuff on the blog.

    Stop by my blog and say hello.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete