JFK 50 Miler

Jan 25th, 2010 - Training - Chelmsford, MA - 3

Day 25 - Fil and I had to consult with our lawyers today, and they brought out the 3 mile pact contract to see if we were in violation of any convenants. After a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo, back and forth, abacadabra, it appears that Fil and I are still in good standing thanks in large part to my foresight. I included a line in the original contract to say, "In Any Manner".

Even if I didn't I would have just gone back and edited my original post to say that. YAY for time travel!

The reason for all of this hoopla is the fact that Fil and I were the walking wounded this morning as a result of yesterday's Derry 16 Mile Death March. My left calf muscle was still tight and sore, and Fil wasn't feeling that great either.

We hit the stationary bike, at his work gym, for 3 to 4 miles, and completed a mile or two on the greatest thing ever invented, the treadmill! Based on my calculations and conversion chart, we ended up doing the equivalent of a marathon today, but we'll just round down and say it was just 3 miles worth of running. That should make the lawyers happy.

Tomorrow may be the first "run before work" attempt for myself. I won't have time after work as I will be whisked away in an unmarked, black, government chopper to a secured, undisclosed location for my interview...well, not quite that dramatic, but you get the picture.

Serious Note: GLRR meeting tonight at Hookslide's in Lowell - 7PM. Improv Nite! No cover charge and you can watch Glenn try to come up with something to say. OK, it was a half serious note.

No comments:

Post a Comment