JFK 50 Miler

Jan 29th, 2010 - Training - Dracut, MA - 3.1

Day 29 - Highlight of the day? Found the opening theme for 365 Days The Movie: The Distance by Cake

Extremely cold day today, so running outside was out of the question. I didn't want to risk running on a sore calf in these temps.

Managed to get home early from work to try to get in the 3 miles, but quickly discovered that both deathmills at my apartment were out of commission. Good. I hope they take them out back and put them out of their misery, and get some new ones.

Had to call in reinforcements (thanks, Kelly!) at the last minute to get in my 3 miles. Kelly let me use her gym over at her place, and off I went. Nice and steady 5k, with more of a focus on the workout afterwards. Time to ramp up on the sit-ups and push-ups in anticipation of FBI Phase III workout next week at the Harvard track.

Adding sore collar bone to the injury list. Most likely the result of my spill last night in Lexington High parking lot.

Expected temps for tomorrow's Fudgicle 5k? -10!!!!! Might have to just take it easy to avoid injury. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment