JFK 50 Miler

Jan 7th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.15

Day 7 was a close call. It's fitting that I am writing this entry 13 minutes into Jan 8th. What a loooooooooong day. Meeting in Boston went well, but it over ran by about 30 minutes. It's the government, what can you do? The first night of the rest of my life. Big chance in March. Enough about that though. You came here to read about Jason and Fil's 3 mile pact.

I got back to Lowell around 9:45PM, and got myself and the boys dressed for a night of river running. The most difficult part so far in this experiment has been trying to find clean running clothes! I've mixed and matched every piece of clean running gear I could find. It's gotten so bad that I've started to dig into my high school clothes. It's time to either do my bi-annual laundry load or go to the Salvation Army this weekend. That's a toss up.

We got down to the river by 10:15 and it was a toasty 28 degrees outside. How the heck do those ducks hang out on the water all night?! QUACKs!!

The boys ran 1.50 miles with me and then quickly hopped back into the car to take a nap. I continued on at a faster pace and finished with a total of 3.15 miles for the day/night. It was close, but I got in the run to keep the streak alive.

Fil reported in earlier with another doozy of a running day, racking up 6.25 miles. The Old Man is giving me a run for my money. Fil takes a commanding 2 mile lead, but it's still early in the race. I'll just kick his ass when it really counts, like this weekend at the two races we have scheduled on Saturday and Sunday.

All I can say is, TGIfF.

No comments:

Post a Comment