JFK 50 Miler

March 16th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.2

Day 75 - The plan for tonight was to put in a least a 14 miler, and of course, that didn't happen because of this!:

(Photo Courtesy of Jimmy Lee Shelton)

That's Middlesex St. in Lowell covered in about a foot of overflowing rainwater/sewage. It was already dark out when I stumbled across this puddle on my way to my parent's place in Tyngsboro. My shoes got soaked, so I hightailed it back home after putting in 1.5 miles up to that point. Disappointing.

When I run this route, I typically cross the river at School St. and head down the boulevarde, and cross back over at the Rourke Bridge. I figured that that side of the river was probably in bad shape too.

Tomorrow is my (true) wedding anniversary and St. Patty's Day, so I'll be lucky to get in my 3 miler...sober.

C'mon GLRR! I am running out of collectible cards to post. Get out there and be seen with your new singlets! They're still $10 at Marx Running Store in Acton!

For those who are not GLRR members yet, sign up today!! It's the best running club anywhere! Glenn, you can send my cut of the fees to my home address. Thanks.

Speaking of Glenn, our fearless leader has put himself on the shelf (top shelf nonetheless) due to a sore back. Here's your chance, boys! Rack up those miles!

Here's one of the GLRR elder statesman modeling the new singlet, Jon MacKenzie:

No comments:

Post a Comment