JFK 50 Miler

Memorial Day, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.2

Day 151 - This year's Memorial Day was truly memorable, but for all of the wrong reasons.

I woke up sore for the first time in a long time. I can run two marathons in a span of four weeks and not feel a thing, but ask me to do some chores and I feel like an old man. I had spent the morning yesterday re-tarring my parents' driveway, and I spent the day today feeling it all over my body.

I felt even worse when I realized that my wallet was missing! I called up Chase and sure enough, there were already two unauthorized charges on it. The criminal mastermind(s) that found my wallet decided to have some lunch at China Buffet, and then go shopping at AJ Wright's on Plain St in Lowell.

Chase quickly cancelled my credit card and voided the charges. Thanks!

I then went down to AJ's and spoke to the manager on duty and she was very helpful. I mean, extremely helpful! I gave her the info on the purchases and she pulled up the transaction data, and gave me a copy to give to the Lowell Police. She also said that she would review the video tomorrow when the loss prevention officer is in. A copy of that will also be forwarded to the Lowell Police.

My last step in playing Sherlock Holmes today was filing a report with the Lowell Police. They were very good and amazingly efficient!

So, Mr. Thief, if you're reading this, GO TO HELL!

I am hoping that they catch the bastard and let me have a few minutes with him.

Oh yeah, I also managed to get in a pissed off run through the woods of Lowell.

(Blame Canada!)

No comments:

Post a Comment