JFK 50 Miler

June 15th, 2010 - Training - Lowell State Forest - 5

Day 166 - Surveyed an additional 5 miles of the Lowell/Tyngsboro/Dracut state forest with the boys tonight. I brought mosquito spray with me this time, and I also had a better idea of the pretty extensive trail system based on last week's survey/adventure.

Didn't feel like I was lost at all, but I still used the map function on the Garmin to make sure I didn't go too off course. This has got to be the most useful function on the Garmin...other than the GPS/Heart Monitor/Time/Splits/History/Training Partner/Split Screens/Alerts.

Explored some gnarly looking fresh trails and ended up at a pond around the halfway mark as the sun was beginning to set. Pretty romantic, but I didn't have anyone to share the moment with other than two slobbering dogs.

I'll take that.

(Faces only a mother could love...OK, and a father)

No comments:

Post a Comment