JFK 50 Miler

June 16th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.5

Day 167 - Not much to report today other than a nice sub-7 tempo run on the Good Times course. Trail running has definitely help strengthen different parts of my leg, and being back on the road feels "different".

Plan is to do more trail running throughout the summer and fall. I am hoping to catch at least one mountain race before the series is over, preferably Ascutney or Cranmore (my favorite). I am definitely not doing Loon-ey mountain this year. There's mountain running and then there's Loon running.

It's been a pretty quiet week (relative to last week) heading into the mother of all mountain races, Mt. Washington. I still can't comprehend what this race will be like, and how I'll feel once I reach the top. I wonder if it'll feel like my first Boston Marathon. Complete exhilaration overwhelmed by complete exhaustion. Or was it the other way around.

The goal leading into this run is to be well-rested, which I've managed to do and feel.

(One God Damn Hill)

No comments:

Post a Comment