JFK 50 Miler

June 24th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 5.3

Day 175 - The plan was to run track tonight, but the boss had other ideas.

I wasn't able to get out of work by 5PM in order to drive home, change, pick up Festus, and head up to Chelmsford.

Besides, it was pouring down here in Burlington, but I later learned that it was a just short, intense rain storm in the immediate vicinity.

Festus and I ended up doing an awesome tempo run along the river with the temps in the low 80's. I always enjoy running after a thunder storm. Probably something to do with the ionized air particles.

Like our trail run last night, we exchanged leads a couple of times to keep the pace honest, but then I tried to lay the hammer down on Festus. He stuck right with me stride-for-stride.

Chalking this one up as one of my best training runs so far this year.

I learned a lot about racing strategy on this run. Thanks, Festus!

I'll remember to use it next Tuesday to kick your ass :)

No comments:

Post a Comment