JFK 50 Miler

July 23rd, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.1

Day 204 - Heavy rain as I drove home from work. I expected to be on the treadmill tonight, but decided to wait it out and see what happens.

The rain stopped by 7PM, so I went out onto the blocked off streets of Lowell (for the Folk Festival this weekend) and had a blast skipping through the puddles.

I can't remember the last time that it rained while I was either A) awake B) not at work. The air was so refreshing and I felt an extra bounce in my step.

Fellow Masssoles runner, Katy Agule put it best on how I felt tonight, running in the semi-rain, on her blog.

Plan is to put in at least 10 miles total tomorrow to bring my week's total to about 60+ miles (highest weekly mileage in over 2 months). Running from the apt to Glenn's place for the GLRR family outing, and then probably join the group for the 5 mile run.

For the first time in my life, I have to say that I am actually enjoying the training. Must be the fact that I've run over 50 races to start the first half of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment