JFK 50 Miler

July 24th, 2010 - Training - Lowell > Chelmsford via Tyngsboro - 11

Day 205 - I love cookouts and I love running! Today was going to incorporate both of those facts at the GLRR Family Outing at El President's casa and resort.

I left the apt in Lowell a little before 9AM with plans to meet Fil at the intersection of 3A and Tyng Rd at around 10AM. Fil was running down from Hudson, NH. It was already a muggy day with the temps in the 70's.

I had my Camelbak, phone, Ipod, and $3k worth of GLRR funds for deposit at the nearest OPEN Lowell Five within running distance. FYI, it's not the smartest thing to do in Lowell, running around with money in your bag during the Folk Festival.

I had to cut through downtown and the folk festival to get to the nearest supposedly open Lowell Five on John St. Hey, Lowell Five downtown branch! Next time, put up a sign if you don't plan to be open!!

After waiting around for 10 minutes with a couple of other irate customers, I decided to continue on my way into Chelmsford by way of Tyngsboro where I would meet Fil at about Mile 7, before heading together to Glenn's place in Chelmsford. The entire run would end up being about 10-12 miles.

I quickly made a detour to the Wood St Lowell Five branch 3 miles and 20 minutes later, still carrying the funds in my Camelbak. These things are handy for long runs AND bank robberies!

I probably scared the teller half to death, all sweaty and out of breath when I got up to her window. It's a good thing I remembered to take off my sunglasses and hat! I handed her the ransom note funds and it took her about 15 minutes to count it all up and make the deposit. Cha-Ching!

I left the bank and figured I had about 25 minutes to get to where Fil would be 4 miles down the road. I was wrong, I had 40 minutes!

I got to our meeting point and waited around only to find out that Fil didn't know what I meant when I said, meet on Tyng Rd! He went by the intersection of 3A and Tyng Rd and continued down 3A hoping to run into me. Fil, you mapped it out!

We eventually met up and exchanged less than nice pleasantries. We ran together for the rest of the 4 miles to Glenn's place without getting lost. Along the way, we also ran into the other GLRR folks out on their pre-cookout run. We're such a bunch of running geeks!

It ended up being an awesome day of running, eating, drinking, and drinking! Thanks for hosting Glenn!

(New PR for Deric)

(This is why we run)

No comments:

Post a Comment