JFK 50 Miler

August 26th, 2010 - Training - Tewksbury > Tyngsboro - 14.5

Day 237 - Opted to skip track tonight and go for a long run instead. Gotta try to keep my weekly mileage up close to 60 per week for a couple of more weeks before pushing it further, leading into the ultra in November.

I left the apt at 7PM and didn't reach the parents' place in Tyngsboro until 8:45PM. Rachel (she puts up with a lot) was already there to give me a ride home. Averaged 7:45 pace for most of the run.

Went up Dunstable/Make Peace Rd and came across my good friend, Pre, the running ghost. I haven't spotted him in awhile, but he was definitely out tonight. We quickly said hello and then I bolted the other way.

(Running, you scary!)

Legs have recovered pretty quickly from these runs, and there hasn't been any lingering pain or weariness. Body has finally gotten use to running everyday for 237 days.

I also managed to negotiate and sign a new long-term running contract with Rachel, so I should be good to go for the rest of the year. Mortimer, we're back!

Going to be a great fall running season. Only a handful of races on the calendar, but boy, they're going to be memorable!

Speaking of races. Got a free entry into the Zack Attack 5K (57th race of the season!) tomorrow evening in Fil's back yard (Hudson, NH). Thanks Linda (Winner of the 2009 GT5K Spring Series)!

No comments:

Post a Comment