JFK 50 Miler

August 5th, 2010 - Training - Chelmsford, MA - 5

Day 216 - GLRR back on track again tonight with the summer/fall track workouts at Chelmsford High.

These track sessions are geared more towards the upcoming marathon season, but of course, Coach Jim has workouts for any type of goal in mind, including those stupid enough to run ultras.

http://www.glrr.net/track/index.htm

Come out and give it a try, and you'll be hooked!

Nice turnout tonight, including new member and the real ultra marathon man Dane LeBlanc (converted from CMS).

Completed a 4 x 1 miler workout with the human car wash, Cody. It was humid, so it's not Cody's fault that he was drenched in sweat, which in turned drenched me in sweat during our great work out.

I arrived late and joined Cody and Frank on their second interval, putting in a sub 6 min mile.

I followed that up with a two more sub 6's, and then ran the last one on my own to finish with a 5:37 mile.

Nice to be back to track again, as I've sorely missed speed work in the past month. Now I am sore again.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment