JFK 50 Miler

Jan 20th, 2010 - Training - Lowell, MA - 3.1

Day 20 - A MILESTONE DAY!!

Fil managed to breach the century mark on the 20th day, and he kept on going! His 6 miles on the road at lunch put him easily over 100, and at 103+ miles since the start of the 3 mile pact way back on Day 1, Jan 1st, 2010 (Day 1 wasn't even about Fil!). My boy's all growns up!

Congrats, Fil, but watch your back, as Pacino once said, "I'm just getting warmed up"!

As for me? I'm trailing in second, lurking close behind, waiting for the kill. Ended the day with 96+ miles, since day 1, with a 3.1 mile run on the Death Mill. Knees are sore from yesterday's falls, but ready for the Boston Prep.

Another track workout with Glenn & Co tomorrow in Lexington (10 x 400's) is in store for Fil and myself tomorrow night. Looking forward to the most expensive pizza ever afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment